Any pre-millenium players here?

G_Silvermane

New user
So I'm not going to be that guy, complaining about kids being kids, but I am looking for adult players, whith a serious attitude to agreements.
It's hard to find 26+ players these days, and allthough some of the younger players are well informed, they tend to ..... bla ... generation-gap (if you're 26+ you'll understand)

So as a middle aged man, I started a project.
Let me rephrase that, I wanted to play hack and slash wolfenstein/doom-style.
So I began creating a map.....
Well, before I knew it, my neurotic ass was writing character-backgrounds to fictional JSON-book "authors", and setting up facebookpages, wikis, hiding easter eggs on public servers etc, etc ....

And then came my nerdy passion for pop-culture, and I started thinking MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) ....
(Yeah, I know; seems like a fantasy, right?) Stick with me here!

The old school look of mc, the 80s retro-hype, the flood of remakes, and over 100 million paying customers .... It's asking for a franchise!

I'm talking minigames, maps, schematics, adventure-map-series, 3 dedicated youtube channels, a dedicated server, connections with "partner-servers", and a storyline that is both recognisable, as original, and drenched with minecraft origins.

The story has suspence, plot twists, congruency, easter eggs, real-life references, pop-culture references, impending doom, and everything a modern day geek is craving.

But I am just a single 40yr old retired hypnosis-trainer, and I lack the skills, to fully exploit this ARG-based venture.

Gimme some feedback, tips, good learning-tools, anything you think could make this my "F# JK Rowling, HERE's my successtory!"

Spine04

New user
well im a 12 year old who plays minecraft, and ever since i bought the game i've hated my age group. I'm always trying to get away from the toxic dump that is the minecraft community, and whenever i look up a tutorial on a certain command like scoreboard or execute, i always come across that one post that always makes me want to rip my- im getting off track. what i mean is, i want to know how i can be accepted in the minecraft community, without looking like i go to fake minecraft conventions while wearing herobrine cosplay and blasting a horrible minecraft parody about dancing zombies or some other crap. i really wish i was old enough to be a part of the old minecraft community in beta, because i just hate it when i try to join servers on beta and everybody automatically assumes that im a cringey autistic kid who thinks "herobrine" is an actual character.

G_Silvermane

New user
Bless you for being so reflective! You are a gem for your generation Spine04.
the "beta-phase-core group" seems to have dissolved in the new trendy-MC-culture.
I don't know of any real servers, that focus on that demographic anymore.
I myself play on ConspiracyCraft (I hope this is not considered advertising)
and it does have a more mature feel to it, but that is mostly thanks to a few "big builders", with a
typical beta-phase attitude.
Seek me out, and perhaps I'll let you have a look at the unfinished map!

Spine04

New user
Thanks for the support. I would love to see your new map. From the screenshots, it looks like it had a lot of effort put into it, and is obviously way better than my attempt at making portal in minecraft. (it was bad) I've been thinking of trying to join a discord group for people who love the old versions of the game, but so far I have been afraid that they would call me cringe or toxic once they hear my voice. But now that I see how supportive you are, I think I'll try it!

G_Silvermane

New user
Never let fear hold you back! If people misjudge you, their opinion should automatically be dismissed!
I would join your channel in a heartbeat.

[AH] Discord Widget