Research on Minecraft - Help is needed

nomad_moogle

New user
Hello,

My name is Panos (or nomad_moogle, as my user name suggests) and I am a PhD student. My research is focused on games with user-generated content elements in them and, obviously, Minecraft is one of the games that I am investigating.

Some of you may be familiar with traditional science experiments that involve controlled environments, creepy researchers asking participants to do silly stuff and boring them with time consuming and uninteresting tasks (I once fell asleep while participating in an experiment).

Well my research is not of that sort. My studies are going be observational, which means that I just need to play the game and watch others playing it. In short, my aim is to develop an understanding of the Minecraft community and of what it consists of.

The thing is… I need people who would be willing to help me. As you may understand, this includes nothing more than just playing the game with me present. The only requirement is that my participants are at least 18 years old (University rules apply here unfortunately, if it was up to me, I would go for a broader sample).

If you are interested, please send me a pm. I can fill you in with what is involved in the process. Of course, feel free to post anything here, in case you have any questions about my research :) .

Cheers,

Panos

[AH] Discord Widget